21 Jun How Sellers Can Benefit from Home Staging
Whether buying or selling a home, we can all agree that today’s real estate market is competitive. In an effort to appeal to as many people as possible, sellers often try to create a “feel like home” response from potential buyers by baking cookies or displaying fresh flowers. These are great ideas, but there is so much more that can be done!
One of the keys to selling a home is developing a true emotional connection with buyers so they can actually visualize themselves living here! This involves showcasing the homes best features and accenting functionality while creating a feeling of coziness and warmth! This is where staging comes in.
WHAT IS HOME STAGING?
The number one goal of home staging is to create spaces that appeal to as many people as possible resulting in more profitable and quicker sales. Recognizing that staging is an art and science, stagers combine psychology with decorating expertise to redesign a seller’s house by using what they already. The home is depersonalized and is given a fresh new look so that the buyer can actually see themselves living here.
WHAT DOES THE PROCESS OF STAGING LOOK LIKE?
1. Initial Consultation
• Last 2-3 hours
• The seller and stager go room by room and view it “through the eyes of a buyer,” considering the first impression of each room, the presence of clutter, overall cleanliness, updated vs. outdated features and accessories, light etc.
• The stager provides a detailed written report of room-by-room recommendations including what is to be removed, moved, or added.
• Sellers can choose how they proceed with suggestions.
3. Staging Day
• Last 2-3 hours
• The stager returns and works with the seller to redesign their property.
• Art and accessories are added to make the rooms beautiful and inviting.
BENEFITS OF HOME STAGING
Is home staging worth it? Statistics say “yes.” Recent data from the National Association of Realtors® indicates:
• 77% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.
• About 30% of buyer’s agents said that staging a home increased the dollar value offered between 1-5% compared to other similar homes on the market that are not staged.
• 39% of sellers’ agents stated that staging a home greatly decreases the amount of time the home is on the market.
THE BOTTOM LINE
So, in addition to cookies and flowers, stage the home! Sellers can benefit from quicker sales and extra money in their pockets, while buyers find a home they fall in love with because they visualize actually living there!
BEFORE AND AFTER GALLERY